These might be useless any more in today’s search engine landscape, but if you do have real, active social accounts at various networks, you can use these automatic social posting tools as a reminder to spread your content to all of your social networks.
I also went hunting for these social bookmarking tools because I wanted to see what these sites considered worthwhile social networks. We all know the big networks:
I just wanted to find out if some of the old standbys like Mister Wong and Oyax still existed and if they didn’t what replaced them. If anything, they provide lists of social networks that may be worth looking into.
Note to most of the sites that have a bookmarklet: When you use this, highlighting text on the page before clicking the link will put that text in the Text field of the bookmark.
- Submits to 130 sites.
- Has bookmarklet that will preload the url you are submitting in the bookmark links.
- Submits to 34 sites.
- Has a form onsite to preload all the links with your bookmark data like url, title, text and tags.
- Also has direct links to the registration page and the login page.
- Submits to 1652 sites (crazy, I know).
- Has a bookmarklet.
- Has a a link preloading form to prepopulate your bookmark links.
- Has direct links to the registration page and the login page.
- Has a framed site submission if you like to use that instead of opening links on another page.
- Has been around for a while.
- Submits to 17 sites.
- Has a bookmarklet to populate links.
- Has been around for a long time
- Submits to 8 sites.
- Has a bookmarklet to preload data.
- Submits to 78 sites
- Has a bookmarklet for preloading information
- Has an annoying popup when the page loads
- Free version but better version costs.
- Submits to 26 sites.
- Pings your submissions.
- Had social signal trading among users.
- Submits to 47 Services.
- Free trial has 300 free submissions, no credit card required. Multiple tiers of paid service.
- Lots of tools available for using the service including plugins and complete feed submissions.
- Social bookmarking is one of the best ways to get your websites ranking well (indigitalplr.wordpress.com)
- Does social bookmarking still work? (skyrocketseo.co.uk)